Tryst: The Forthcoming Unigine RTS Will Be On Linux
Last August I wrote about another Unigine-based game being developed, which at the time didn't have an announced title and details were scarce. In recent weeks, more information on this Unigine title -- which will have a native Linux client -- has been released and it's called Tryst.
Tryst is the "Unigine unannounced RTS" that is under development out of the BlueGiant Interactive studio based in India. The name was pointed out in the forums a few weeks back. Tryst is being advertised a real-time strategy game for Windows, but the developers have confirmed there will be Linux and Mac OS X clients. However, the Linux/OSX clients aren't expected on release day.
Here's some of what BlueGiant Interactive has said about Tryst:
Tryst is an RTS set in the year 2381. Tryst achieves its quick, action based gameplay through a clever system of upgrades, unique to our two distinct races. Here are some of the features we bring to the table –Embedded below are two videos about this Unigine-powered non-FPS game.
1. Unique Character Abilities and Upgrades – Almost all our battle units come with special abilities of their own. Its upto the player to choose what they want and how they want to match the powers of one with that of another.
2. Multiplayer – Up to 8 player free for all maps that always promise to keep people reinventing new strategies to outdo their opponents.
3. Environmental Hazards – Maps are filled with dangers that can both hinder a player or help him set up the perfect ambush against an enemy.
4. Keep on Going – You don’t have to worry about players who go offline or have to leave in the middle of a game. They’ll be replaced with competent AI immediately.
5. Unigine Graphics Engine – State-of-the-art visuals powered by UNIGINE engine and race specific UI, etc...
Tryst has now entered closed-beta but at the moment there is no known time-frame on when the Linux version will be made available.
Additional information on the game is available from its website.