An Overview Of Qt 5.0 Features
For those not up to speed on the features of the Qt 5.0 tool-kit, the feature list documentation was updated last week.
The Qt5 feature-list was updated on the Qt-Project.org Wiki last week. Below are some of the key features for those that haven't been paying attention to the Norwegian tool-kit as it prepares for its major release in August.
- Qt 5.0 will make use of C++11 features when being built under a supported C++11-enabled compiler.
- Qt 5.0 better supports the Wayland Display Server.
- Qt 5.0 has support for parsing and generating JSON.
- A new QOpenGLPaintDevice and improvements to existing QtOpenGL classes.
- Improved support for IPv6.
- A new Qt 3D module that runs on top of QML2 and Qt OpenGL. Qt3D includes an OpenGL renderer with basic lighting, 3D scene management, loading of 3D assets, stock shapes and geometry, geometry loading and management, textures and materials, simple geometric animations, and cameras and views.
- Major Qt Quick advancements.
- Multi-touch improvements.
- Support for extra mouse buttons, such as what's usually found on gmaing mice. Qt Application now has support for 27 mouse buttons on XCB/Xlib/DirectFB and 16 mouse buttons for Wayland/evdev.
Add A Comment