A Christmas Update Of Phoronix Test Suite 3.6
Phoronix Test Suite 3.6.0 was released two weeks ago while coming out today is just a minor update that incorporates a few fixes and small improvements. This update isn't particularly exciting and was thinking of even not putting it out and holding off on the changes until Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland in Q1'2012, but in the end they were pushed out today.
The Phoronix Test Suite 3.6.1 release introduces a few small fixes in pts-core, brings support for launching the PTS Results Viewer within the IceWeasel (Firefox-rebranded) web browser, and some Phodevi updates.
The updates to Phodevi (Phoronix Device Interface) include support for better Intel graphics processor name deciphering for certain generations of hardware, support for reading more motherboard information on *BSD platforms using kenv, fbdev DDX driver detection, detection support of OLPC's Sugar Desktop Environment, and external dependencies support for the Fedora-based OLPC OS as used on the forthcoming OLPC XO-1.75.
A few ARM improvements are being queued up for the Phoronix Test Suite and its OpenBenchmarking.org test profiles as more testing gets under-way on the OLPC XO-1.75 along with the OMAP4-based PandaBoard ES.
This weekend I also have a number of improvements expected to be merged for Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland and OpenBenchmarking.org, so stay tuned for some Christmas updates.
Download the Phoronix Test Suite from Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.6.1-Arendal
23 December 2011
- pts-core: Various minor fixes
- pts-core: Support launching the PTS Results Viewer in IceWeasel
- phodevi: Support new Intel GPU name deciphering
- phodevi: BSD support for reading motherboard information from kenv
- phodevi: Support for fbdev X.Org DDX driver detection on fall-back after vesa driver
- phodevi: OLPC Sugar Desktop Environment detection
- phodevi: OLPC Fedora external dependencies support