AMD Prepares More Graphics Driver Code For Linux 5.15
Another week's worth of code is now heading into DRM-Next for staging until the Linux 5.15 merge window opens in a few weeks time. Among the changes to the open-source AMD Radeon Linux kernel graphics driver this week includes:
- Switching the virtual display code over to using VKMS-based atomic mode-setting.
- Fixes for Aldebaran as the next-gen CDNA accelerator part.
- A powergating fix for Renoir APUs.
- Exposing of the GFX hardware version via sysfs.
- The AMDKFD compute code adds an SVM address range query interface for user-space, which is of interest for the Radeon Open eCosystem stack with tentative code pending to use this new API.
- Various other fixes affecting FreeSync, Bus Active Chip Off (BACO), and other areas.
More details and the full list of patches via this pull request.