ACPI/PM For Linux 4.1: Airmont, HiSilicon ACPU, Broadwell Server Additions
There's a ton of power management related changes for the Linux 4.1 kernel as outlined by Wysocki's pull request. The highlights that caught my attention include:
- The intel_idle driver now includes support for the Silvermont core in the Bay Trail SoC. The intel_idle update also adds Airmont support for the forthcoming Intel Cherry Trail and Braswell SoC.
- Generic power management domains support updates with new callbacks to provide for better device initialization.
- There's a new cpufreq driver for the HiSilicon ACPU.
- The intel_pstate scaling driver adds support for Intel's Knights Landing MIC chip.
- The Powercap RAPL driver update adds support for Intel Broadwell Xeon server processors.
- ACPI backlight handling improvements.
- Various new quirks and other code clean-ups / fixes.