LibreOffice 7.5 Beta Brings Better Dark/High-Contrast Theming, Improved PDF Export
LibreOffice 7.5 Beta 1 is available for testing today across Linux, macOS, and Windows systems for this free software office suite. There has been 116 known issues resolved since the prior alpha release and 353 new commits. As a reminder for some of the new features and changes to be found in the LibreOffice 7.5 open-source office suite:
- LibreOffice's support for dark and high contrast operating system themes has been greatly improved. This dark and high contrast theme work helps LibreOffice across Linux, macOS, and Windows platforms.
- Support for rotate and zoom gestures when using touchpads.
- Support for font embedded on macOS.
- Various fixes to the text layout handling and edit engine.
- LibreOffice's PDF exporting filter has added support for embedding color fonts using color layers and color bitmaps, such as for emojis. There is also PDF support for embedding variable fonts and applying font variations to glyph shapes.
- LibreOffice 7.5's Writer (word processor) added a new plain text type content control.
- Various bookmark improvements for Writer.
- LibreOffice Impress now supports cropped video for media shapes.
- A new set of default table types for Impress and Draw.
The work-in-progress 7.5 release notes offer more insight into all of the work that's gone into LibreOffice 7.5. The LibreOffice 7.5 stable release is aiming to debut in early February. Downloads for today's LibreOffice 7.5 Beta 1 can be found via their QA blog.