Genode OS Framework 21.02 Adds LTE Data Support, More RISC-V Work
Some of the improvements with Genode OS 21.02 include:
- Support for pluggable network device drivers.
- Initial support for the Pine A64-LTS board as part of the operating system framework's goal of getting itself on the PinePhone by the end of the calendar year.
- Support for mobile data connectivity via LTE, again important if they are to be a contender on the PinePhone. As part of this is also USB modem support.
- VirtualBox 6 is now supported to replace the aging VirtualBox 5 support.
- RISC-V support improvements.
- Easy compiler cache setup support via the build system front-end for easily enabling ccache.
More details on the Genode OS 21.02 changes via Genode.org.