Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
GNOME 3.34.4 Released With Many Bug Fixes
GNOME 3.34.4 comes with a large number of bug fixes, many of which were back-ported from the 3.35 development series leading up to the GNOME 3.36.0 release on 11 March. Some of the GNOME 3.34.4 fixes include:
- A number of fixes to the Epiphany web browser.
- Race conditions addressed and crash fixes among other fixes to Glib. There is also a fix for a potential denial of service vulnerability that was closed up within Glib.
- GMIME now offers methods for reading 64-bit timestamps of creation date and expiration date of certificates/signatures in addressing potential Y2038 issues.
- Crash and bug fixes for GNOME Music.
- GNOME Shell has switched its screen recorder back from VP9 to VP8 over issues with GStreamer.
- Mutter has fixed its OpenGL ES 2.0 fall-back and separately addressed various memory leaks.
More details on GNOME 3.34.4 via the release announcement.