Show Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained on a daily basis for the past 18+ years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium.
GNOME 3.29.2 Released As The Second Step Towards GNOME 3.30
Among the changes to find with today's GNOME 3.29.2 release include:
- Various fixes to GNOME Shell.
- Mutter has fixed size change animations on Wayland along with other bug fixes.
- GNOME Builder has build system updates, improved support for sub-processes for carrying out compiler work, Clang support is now out-of-process, lower overhead for the Clang plugin, improved highlighting, and various other enhancements.
- GNOME Boxes has RDP support.
- Other bug fixes and translation updates.
The brief GNOME 3.29.2 development release announcement can be read on the announce list.