FFmpeg 4.4 Released With AV1 VA-API Decoder, SVT-AV1 Encoding
FFmpeg 4.4 includes a wide array of improvements over last year's FFmpeg 4.3 release. Among the exciting additions with FFmpeg 4.4 are:
- AudioToolbox output device support.
- VDPAU accelerated HEVC 10-bit and 12-bit decoding.
- VDPAU accelerated VP9 10-bit and 12-bit decoding.
- AV1 decode support for hardware acceleration, which so far is now supported for Intel QSV-accelerated AV1 decoding with Intel Gen12 graphics and Intel VA-API. Via NVIDIA's NVDEC interface is also AV1 hardware accelerated decode.
- Support for Microsoft DXVA2 / D3D11VA hardware-accelerated AV1 decoding.
- CPU-based AV1 encoding support via the SVT-AV1 encoder.
- AV1 low-overhead bitstream format demuxer.
- AV1 monochrome encoding support.
- Cineform HD encoder support.
- RPZA video encoder support.
- SpeedHQ encoder support.
- Microsoft Paint demuxer and MSP version 2 decoder.
- OpenEXR image encoder support.
- Dolby E parsing abilities.
- RIST protocol handling via librist.
- A variety of other new filters, parsers, and demuxers.
Downloads and more details on today's FFmpeg 4.4 multimedia library release via ffmpeg.org.