Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
    Some official screenshots:

I think some anti-aliasing would have helped those screenshots alot.
    Still, it's a nice looking game. I'll install it once it hits Portage.

Comment

Game fails to start on Ubuntu 64-bit 9.04 and 9.10

Hi,

Just a heads up for those who may be tempted to load this up on the above platforms: it didn't work for me, and apparently numerous others (judging by a quick Google).

In the first place, a key 32-bit lib file has to be chased down and installed using getlibs.

Next, the sound doesn't work (and therefore the game fails to start). There seem to be possible work-arounds to get it working, but I haven't pursued it that far.

Bottom line: it doesn't work without putting in hour(s) of research and fiddle-fucking around (and even then may not work).

Too bad, I enjoyed playing previous iterations on Ubuntu, and was looking forward to trying out the latest release.

Comment

Many people complain about running games on Ubuntu and running into PulseAudio problems, games crashing, etc.

It seems to be an Ubuntu problem, related to defaulting to PulseAudio at a point where it clearly isn't ready.

Comment

@dsmithhfx
          Seems you've entirely given up on ever getting it working at any point in the future, as you haven't given any of the specifics of your problem so people can help you?

Comment

Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
            Hi,
            In the first place, a key 32-bit lib file has to be chased down and installed using getlibs.
            That's a problem with Debian (and thus Ubuntu) still not being multiarch, not a problem with the game.

Also, the game is packaged, and available for amd64, in Debian, and I guess Ubuntu too...

Comment

If running the game on a 64-bit Linux OS, you do need to compile it or find a 64-bit build somewhere. Fortunately, there is an up-to-date build available for Ubuntu 10.04 (not 9.x yet.)

Comment

Working...
              X