Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    1. you might be able to check in /etc/modprobe.d for blacklists
    2. Also in modprobe.d, you might find fglrx still be loaded. This stuff can vary depending on which distro you used and how you installed the catalyst drivers.
    3. The link below might help you figure some stuff out, also might help with figuring out modules. I'm not sure if you use Arch but it still might be relevant:

4. There might be some other library missing. It's easy to miss.
    5. I'm pretty sure you have to have a xorg.conf with catalyst...
    6. IOMMU should have no impact on performance. The purpose of it is to allow PCI passthrough in virtual machines. Crossfire itself actually has it's own form of IOMMU, which I'm guessing conflicts with the CPU-based one. Doesn't seem to affect Windows though.
    Okay so to remove possible errors, I ended up wiping everything and installing Ubuntu 15.04, Linux 3.18 RC1, the Oibaf drivers, and trying to install steam.
    Code:
    Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(0_client)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    Nope.

Code:
    glxinfo | grep renderer 
        GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer, 
        GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer, 
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD HAWAII
    Code:
    glxinfo | grep rendering
    direct rendering: Yes
    So basically I give up, and I'll try another time.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Steam is saying you do not have Direct Rendering? If yes, try remove (or rename, you choose) the follow archives:

~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
      ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
      ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
      ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
      ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1

I am assuming you are using Ubuntu 14.10.

After I installed kernel 3.17 and Oibaf PPA Steam started showing a message saying I do not have Direct Rendering. Removing the above archives resolved my problem.
      I just realized that this, should actually be:

Code:
      rm ~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 ~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 ~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 ~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 ~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
      It makes steam re-download itself, but the issue still remains.

Comment

Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post
        If you guys want to test the latest cutting edge, use my PPA which has:

- LLVM 3.6
        - latest mesa git (recompiled/patched for LLVM 3.6, derived from OIBAF PPA)
        - latest intel git (derived from OIBAF PPA)
        - latest radeon git (derived from OIBAF PPA)
        - latest cmplayer (my compile for utopic)
        - latest libdrm, vaapi, (soon beignet)

I keep this PPA updated whenever there is relevant changes (commits that matter for the above packages) , which means roughly at least twice a week.

Hi, this is the UNSTABLE, built from git padoka ppa. if you are looking for the STABLE padoka PPA, go here: https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/pkppa/ If you like/use this PPA and think i deserve a cup of coffee, do a Paypal donation: https://www.paypal.me/padoka I don't have the time to support multiple ubuntu versions, so i only provide support for the LTS and the latest. if you need support for older versions, use oibaf repo instead (URL below). oibaf ppa for refer...

for the latest UBUNTU kernel, just download whataver you want from mainline (manual install)

kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

enjoy!
        Just tried this ppa with a fresh utopic install with a Radeon HD 7850; Unity doesn't load (more specially Compiz)

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
          Just tried this ppa with a fresh utopic install with a Radeon HD 7850; Unity doesn't load (more specially Compiz)
          Kubuntu 14.10 with Plasma 5 Tech Preview works fine (only tested GLX).

Comment

Code:
            $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose steam
            Running Steam on ubuntu 15.04 64-bit
            STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
            Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1413917607_client)
            libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
            libGL: pci id for fd 7: 1002:67b1, driver radeonsi
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
            libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so))
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
            libGL: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/radeonsi_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
            libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
            libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/lyam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so))
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so
            libGL: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
            libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
            libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so))
            I just want to point out this part:
            Code:
            libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so failed (/home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so))
            I checked it out.

Code:
            $ strings /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX
            GLIBCXX_3.4
            GLIBCXX_3.4.1
            GLIBCXX_3.4.2
            GLIBCXX_3.4.3
            GLIBCXX_3.4.4
            GLIBCXX_3.4.5
            GLIBCXX_3.4.6
            GLIBCXX_3.4.7
            GLIBCXX_3.4.8
            GLIBCXX_3.4.9
            GLIBCXX_3.4.10
            GLIBCXX_3.4.11
            GLIBCXX_3.4.12
            GLIBCXX_3.4.13
            GLIBCXX_3.4.14
            GLIBCXX_3.4.15
            GLIBCXX_3.4.16
            GLIBCXX_3.4.17
            GLIBCXX_3.4.18
            GLIBCXX_3.4.19
            GLIBCXX_3.4.20
            GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH
            So it looks like my issue is there, but my lack of experience keeps me from knowing what to do beyond this. I'll probably wait it out.

Comment

This is what we get for Steam runtime targetting Ubuntu 12.04. It's just simply put old and you run into compatibility issues. Iirc the problem is Steam runtime has libstdc++ .18 and it needs .20 for that symbol. If any games were not built against the full version-file-name, major breakage ahead in Steam

Comment

Using the FOSS Radeon driver crashes Steam and X upon starting the application. Neither the [Stable] repositories or the [Testing] repositories can get it working. When it does run there is an Open...

Code:
                LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1" ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/run.sh steam
                No need to remove anything...

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                  https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...mment-48807625
                  Code:
                  LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1" ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/run.sh steam
                  Thank you! I'll be trying this as soon as I get back. Unfortunately I tried to install 32-bit versions of everything that the steam runtime required and running steam with the runtime=0 thing... and I accidentally broke my install because it removed some very important network packages... I also don't want to try to go through undoing all the weird things that I did while trying to get it working, so I'll probably do a fresh install again... (not a big deal considering I only had a few extra ppas and packages installed)

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...mment-48807625
                    Code:
                    Nope

Code:
                    $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1" ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/run.sh steam
                    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
                    [B]VERY VERY LONG LIST OF ERRORS[/B]
                    Running Steam on ubuntu 15.04 64-bit
                    STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/user/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime
                    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
                    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
                    [B]ANOTHER LONG LIST OF ERRORS[/B]
                    Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1413917607)
                    libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
                    libGL: pci id for fd 7: 1002:67b1, driver radeonsi
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
                    libGL: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/radeonsi_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/radeonsi_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
                    libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
                    libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/lyam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so))
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so
                    libGL: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
                    libGL: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                    So once again, at my wit's end. To get to this point, I actually had to do this:

Code:
                    sudo apt-get install steam steam-launcher
                    Code:
                    rm ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
                    rm ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
                    rm ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
                    rm ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
                    rm ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
                    If you don't remove these, steam won't create the run.sh needed for the one after this one.
                    Code:
                    STEAM_RUNTIME=0 steam
                    This is the only way I can get steam to update itself.
                    Code:
                    And that's where I am now.

Comment

Okay so I updated everything and ran some of those rm commands again, and then tried starting it. Success.

Comment

Working...
                      X