No announcement yet.

Direct3D 9 Support Might Land Within Mainline Mesa 3D Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried yesterday Dungeon Siege 2 again (have it for many years ago, not playing current ones ), but no go, it is dx9 game i think... is that intended to work with nine or no? Someone of devs may try a demo

Download Dungeon Siege 2 Demo [Single-player] v2.2. Microsoft Games, Gas Powered Games, and FilePlanet are...
    Last edited by dungeon; 18 October 2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Tried yesterday Dungeon Siege 2 again (have it for many years ago, not playing current ones ), but no go, it is dx9 game i think... is that intended to work with nine or no? Someone of devs may try a demo

http://www.fileplanet.com/155749/dow...player%5D-v2.2
      do a
      Code:
      winetricks mfc42
      if you haven't, it's required to run DS2.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
        There IS documentation around: Wikipedia lists 11, AMD itself lists 9 games and one game engine with MANTLE support. Hexus.net reported in june 17 games with confirmed Mantle support. I don't think that any of these companies was able to do that without docs. It may not be completely public. But there is AMD's clear intent to make it public, so it's probably just a matter of asking?
        all these games are from internal mantle partners so far, at least as far as i know. there is no documentation one could access without it. well, that or being khronos partner since they provided docs to them

Comment

AMD only sharing mantle information with their partners sounds like anti-competitive behavior, and overall not that great of an idea IMO :/

Companies that can't afford to work with AMD are going to perform worse on AMD hardware and advocate for people to buy Nvidia products instead. It's funny because OpenGL is basically Nvidia's 'mantle' with how many extensions they have for it, and how non-compliant with standards they are

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            do a
            Code:
            winetricks mfc42
            if you haven't, it's required to run DS2.
            No, that lib is just required for installation but not for running it... well i missed to say, DS2 works with wine but not with nine .

Comment

No, that lib is just required for installation but not for running it... well i missed to say, DS2 works with wine but not with nine .

Install the original "d3dcompiler_43.dll", "d3dx9_24.dll", "d3dx9_43.dll" and test again.

Comment

This is excellent. I feel like we need a company like valve to back this sort of work in making their library of older games work on Linux, then it'd get some serious attention. Until then I think we're always going to have the chicken and the egg problem.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                  Install the original "d3dcompiler_43.dll", "d3dx9_24.dll", "d3dx9_43.dll" and test again.
                  Nope, that does not help. I don't think DS2 (it is year 2005. game) even use any of those just plain d3d9.dll, probably some issue with ddraw.dll or something.

That is only game i wanna give it a try in hope it will render faster and maybe fix some rendering issues wined3d have... it is playable even with that, but 2-3 times slower then on Windows But OK does not matter... i already uninstall all those nine out of tree everything , might give it second try next year... at least when radeon get proper DRI3 support
                  Last edited by dungeon; 18 October 2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

hm

another waste of time but ok

Comment

Nope, that does not help. I don't think DS2 (it is year 2005. game) even use any of those just plain d3d9.dll, probably some issue with ddraw.dll or something.

That is only game i wanna give it a try in hope it will render faster and maybe fix some rendering issues wined3d have... it is playable even with that, but 2-3 times slower then on Windows But OK does not matter... i already uninstall all those nine out of tree everything , might give it second try next year... at least when radeon get proper DRI3 support

I am not sure if it will work, but without those Nine gives errors pregame as much as inside a game.

Comment

Working...
                      X