Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Has Yet To Land X.Org Server 1.16 For Ubuntu 14.10

Phoronix: Canonical Has Yet To Land X.Org Server 1.16 For Ubuntu 14.10

X.Org Server 1.16 didn't land in the Ubuntu "Utopic Unicorn" archive in time for this week's Ubuntu 14.10 Beta, but Canonical developers still seem to be working on testing and landing the updated xorg-server package for Ubuntu 14.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Canonical y u do dis

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Canonical y u do dis
      Some unlucky incidents with release schedule and freezing stuff. I remember that Ubuntu many times had some buggy svn versions + patches of stuff when the final stable version was out before the Ubuntu release. It's really annoying to use some buggy beta version for 6 months waiting for the next Ubuntu version. I find rolling release distros much nicer.

Comment

this and mesa 10.3!
        this are changes that need to happen if we want them on ubuntu 14.04.2...

Comment

hell look at the proprietary drivers they ship with. they're like years old.

you can't even get a 750 Ti running on Ubuntu out of the box

but hey, i hear their phone OS is just wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
            hell look at the proprietary drivers they ship with. they're like years old.

you can't even get a 750 Ti running on Ubuntu out of the box

but hey, i hear their phone OS is just wonderful
            I have to agree theyr drive logic makes no sense at all...
            they claim to not upgrade the gpu drivers beacuse of stabily but the thing is drivers are more stable with new releases.
            expecialy when playing games...

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              Canonical y u do dis
              no fglrx, can't force people to switch to radeon and likely regress, on newer hw at least

Comment

Is this PPA compatible with Oibaf PPA?

Comment

i wish there would get the fixes from the kernel stable trees ....

My Wlan Chip is now working with all supported stable kernel trees but not with the ubuntu kernel ....

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                    Is this PPA compatible with Oibaf PPA?
                    depends on oibaf, it's compatible with the main repo which is what counts..

Comment

Working...
                    X