Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.15-rc7 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.15-rc7 Kernel Released

Linus Torvalds has released the seventh weekly release candidate for Linux 4.15...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Weren't the commits for KPTI already in RC6?
    The only difference in RC7 that I can see is that they've disabled KPTI for AMD processors.

Comment

Personally i think one more RC is in order. As noted too many post RC changes to rush things. That and id love to see AMD Ryzen mobile support completed.

Comment

There should be rc8 but further even exceptional rcM won't hurt, just to mark big shit that happened

Very weird news in this 2018. at the same time this IntRad announced, it seems this purple mix will be very power efficient thanks to the down to melt tech

So, it is Radeon "Really" Everywhere

Last edited by dungeon; 08 January 2018, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          There should be rc8 but further even exceptional rcM won't hurt, just to mark big shit that happened
          Agreed. No one involved in the Linux kernel should be in a rush to see 15 delivered. Lets make sure these patches are 100%.
          Very weird news in this 2018. at the same time this IntRad announced, it seems this purple mix will be very power efficient thanks to the down to melt tech
          Huh?

So, it is Radeon "Really" Everywhere
          Lets hope so! For Linux and performance is there a better choice? I support AMD more and more now that they finally have gotten CPAu performance fixed and have their GPU drivers finally functioning decently as open solutions. My only hope is that AMD themselves consider a multi chip package that is all AMD. If AMD can stay the course i see great things ahead for them.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            Huh?
            That was first on my mind at the moment while watched this

Last edited by dungeon; 08 January 2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
              Weren't the commits for KPTI already in RC6?
              The only difference in RC7 that I can see is that they've disabled KPTI for AMD processors.
              can anyone confirm that ?
              if so I'll go ahead and try it out

Comment

maybe a rc9 or even rc10 was a good ideia because amd cpu

Comment

Originally posted by oleyska View Post
                  can anyone confirm that ?
                  if so I'll go ahead and try it out
                  Its pretty easy confirm it for yourself, its not a trick, in fact I thought it was common knowledge that KPTI was in rc6.

See the rc6 release announcement on Dec 31st: http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/k...2.3/02898.html
                  There's mention of "Final [Late minute] x86 PTI stuff", and theres a LOT of specific additions in PTI files in the changelog.

Also in the recent rc7 release announcement Linus said something like "now its public, everyone knows why we had all of those big x86 PTI changes in rc6".
                  Last edited by flubba86; 09 January 2018, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X