Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam 2017 Winter Sale Gets Underway

Phoronix: Steam 2017 Winter Sale Gets Underway

Valve has just started their annual Steam Winter Sale that runs through 4 January...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awww @#$%....

Comment

How about offering more games for us Linux users? Even Doom 3 isn't available via Steam. How come?

Comment

Bought Hitman and the Valve collection yesterday

Comment

If it will not work there's still a Windows to boot. Though my hope it'll run fine on 4.15 once it is released.

Comment

That huge Steam Link reduction reeks of a Steam Link 2.0 (4K?) planned for release in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
              That huge Steam Link reduction reeks of a Steam Link 2.0 (4K?) planned for release in the near future.
              Or no Steam Link in the future at all
              That's what I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Hitman first episode is free, 9GB to download, buggy as hell and when the game starts it says that my distribution is not compatible.
                Played it a lot a few months ago on Ubuntu-GNOME 17.04 and later Ubuntu 17.10 and it ran very well. I don't remember having any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianP View Post

Or no Steam Link in the future at all
                  That's what I guess.
                  It wouldn't make much sense then for them to get them onsuch a reduced sale for the second time in 3 months.

It looks like they are hurrying to sell all their stock, even at a loss. This would make sense only if they plan to release soon a better alternative for a similar price tag; that would reduce the potential sales of the original Steam link to almost 0.

Google did something similar with the original Chromecast just before anouncing the second, improved version

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post

It wouldn't make much sense then for them to get them onsuch a reduced sale for the second time in 3 months.

It looks like they are hurrying to sell all their stock, even at a loss. This would make sense only if they plan to release soon a better alternative for a similar price tag; that would reduce the potential sales of the original Steam link to almost 0.

Google did something similar with the original Chromecast just before anouncing the second, improved version
                    I still hope they'll do. It's a decent device.

Comment

Working...
                    X