Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Moving Forward In Their RadeonSI Support For ARB_gl_spirv

Phoronix: AMD Moving Forward In Their RadeonSI Support For ARB_gl_spirv

AMD open-source developer Nicolai Hähnle has spent the past few months working on the ARB_gl_spirv extension as mandated by OpenGL 4.6. Some of the prep work for supporting that extension has landed in Mesa 17.4-dev Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It should be noted that while I did some of the initial work, the credit for this recent development needs to go elsewhere, in particular to Eduardo.

Comment

With all this SPIR-V buzz I began reading more about it and as far as I understand it's an IR for OpenGL/Vulkan/OpenCL and it would allow developers to ship compiled OpenCL binaries instead of requiring those to be compiled on the target device. Am I right on this?

​​​​​Also, is it viable to ship shaders as SPIR-V as well, saving one compilation step, and minimizing shader compile times and whatnot?

Comment

Working...
      X