Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMDGPU DC Fixes Are Being Queued For Linux 4.15

Phoronix: More AMDGPU DC Fixes Are Being Queued For Linux 4.15

A few of you within the forums have talked of regressions and other bugs when trying out the new AMDGPU DC display stack in the Linux 4.15 kernel, particularly on pre-Vega GPUs where it's disabled by default. The good news is that more fixes are on the way...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fixing the S3 bug would be really welcome. My system never wakes up once the display turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      Fixing the S3 bug would be really welcome. My system never wakes up once the display turned off.
      Yeah its a old issue, I actually found out how to fix it a while ago but have since forgotten (didn't require any special patching).

Comment

Does it really make sense to compare the current DC to Win10 since we already know that there are some regressions within its first appearance in mainline?

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
          Does it really make sense to compare the current DC to Win10 since we already know that there are some regressions within its first appearance in mainline?
          DC has been in AMDGPU-PRO for months and by default is just used on Vega... This is a performance comparison anyhow and not a display functionality comparison.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

If only the DC fixes had been made sooner then maybe Justice League would have been better!

Comment

I used to track amd-staging-drm-next, but due to S3 resumes not working anymore since October this branch became unusable to me. Non-working S3-resume is just a totally disqualifying condition for me - my PCs S3-sleep through most of their lifetime.

The other reason why I have put any plans on hold to equip further PCs with new GPUs is https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102322 - ironically, my system just crashed again due to this bug while I was editing this post. :-(
              Last edited by dwagner; 28 November 2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

More fixes for DC and a performance comparison with windows?! sweet as!

my testing of Unigine heaven shows Windows just marginally ahead on my Vega 64 using a ubuntu daily pre-rc1 kernel.

Comment

Noob here, I managed to install 4.15rc on my ubuntu machine. HDMI audio finally works with my RX 580. I think the article says I can try DC by booting the kernel with amdgpu.dc=1. I have no idea how to do that -_-

Comment

For me, S3 went from not really suspending in the first place (the display was still on but frozen) to being totally corrupted on resume, requiring a reboot. Hopefully this knocks it on the head!

I also wonder if the gamma issue is why the brightness setting in Deus Ex: Human Revolution stopped working.

Comment

Working...
                    X