Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek & Mario Prep 10-bit Color Visual Support For Mesa/Gallium3D

Phoronix: Marek & Mario Prep 10-bit Color Visual Support For Mesa/Gallium3D

Building off the work by Mario Kleiner, AMD developer Marek Olšák has been working on 10-bit color visual support within Mesa/Gallium3D...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Could be useful for medical imaging such as x-ray where its grayscale and you need lots of detail.
    Also could be useful for HDR.

Nice to finally see this, but too bad this wasn't done long ago.

Comment

That is a great title for a opensource game:

Marek & Mario: The 10-bit Adventure

Comment

Hope wayland gets support too :-)

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

I'm now picturing a pink gay Mario that does what Mario usually does, to save his Prince Marek. With retro graphics.

Comment

Most video cards? Well except Nvidia non-quadro's that decided to make that a Quadro only feature, despite being a requirement for OpenGL 3.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

I know, right? When I first read the first part of the title I thought it was about an old Mario game lol.

Comment

Awesome.

Wait....

Crap.

Now I need to get a 10bpc monitor.

Comment

Right when I'm about to buy a new 4k monitor (16:9, 32"-43", possibly with HDR and maybe USB-C).

Found those Philips BDM4037UW and LG 43UD79-B. They are slightly bigger that my initial target but that should be good for coding. I'll probably take the LG one.

But the 10 bit/HDR marketing is really confusing. The LG one only has "Color Depth(Number of Colors): 1.06Billion Color" in the specs but no HDR/HDR10. How does that differ from the LG 32UD99-W that is marketed with HDR10? I'm worried that LG 43UD79-B may only have 10bit panel but not take 10bit input. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Comment

Now I wonder if people named Mario dress up as Nintendo Mario for Halloween or costume parties. If I was named Mario, I would do it.
                    "Hi, I'm Mario."
                    "Nice Halloween costume."
                    "Costume? This is how I always dress."

Comment

Working...
                    X