SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Reaches Beta: Using GNOME & Wayland, Linux 4.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Reaches Beta: Using GNOME & Wayland, Linux 4.12

Phoronix: SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Reaches Beta: Using GNOME & Wayland, Linux 4.12

The first public beta of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 is now available for their Enterprise Server, Enterprise Desktop, Enterprise Workstation Extension, and Enterprise High Availability products...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

micheal, thank you for posting this article, I had completely missed that announcement and have been a SUSE Beta tester for years...

Comment

Cool, so basically as expected all the enterprisey distros have switched over and I would guess during 2018 Plasma 5 will be ready to roll on wayland for the general public... the question is... will the whining finally stop in 2018?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Cool, so basically as expected all the enterprisey distros have switched over and I would guess during 2018 Plasma 5 will be ready to roll on wayland for the general public... the question is... will the whining finally stop in 2018?
        No. Actually, Wayland haters are just about to start whining.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          Are you kidding? Has the systemd whining stopped? Once it becomes the standard people will complain how its was forced on them.

Comment

Working...
          X