ZenStates Allows Adjusting Zen P-States, Other Tweaking Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZenStates Allows Adjusting Zen P-States, Other Tweaking Under Linux

Phoronix: ZenStates Allows Adjusting Zen P-States, Other Tweaking Under Linux

ZenStates is an independent effort to offer P-States-based overclocking from the Linux desktop of AMD Ryzen processors and other tuning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi,

Could you test ZenStates on EPYC? Even if those processors are locked, I'm wondering if ZenStates could still be used to lock all cores to the max turbo frequency, or even beyond. 24 or 32 cores at 3 Ghz would be amazing, yet no too power hungry.

Comment

No GUI... :P
      Well, no matter, hope this project doesn't die

Comment

Originally posted by steckdenis View Post
        Hi,

Could you test ZenStates on EPYC? Even if those processors are locked, I'm wondering if ZenStates could still be used to lock all cores to the max turbo frequency, or even beyond. 24 or 32 cores at 3 Ghz would be amazing, yet no too power hungry.
        I too am curious about this. And such would dictate my desktop build of choice that I'll likely purchase, hopefully in a few months.

Comment

I was thinking about that too, Michael should test, he have plenty of them

Comment

Does anyone know how the Ryzen temperature development works?

Comment

This is great. My 1600X tops out at 3.9 when doing regular overclocking, which means I lose single-core performance. XFR won't work with OC so my single-core boost of 4.1 gets disabled.

With P-state overclocking I can fix that.

Comment

I guess this is only really useful for X models which have turbo/XFR frequencies higher than you can reach on all cores?

Or has anyone tried downclocking/volting the idle state further?

Comment

Is it possible to get current ryzen cpu frequency (including XFR) on linux? It would be very nice if there would be some info like you can get with "i7z"

Comment

Is there any way to under-volt Intel laptop cpus on Linux?

Comment

Working...
                    X