Mining Ethereum With AMD Threadrippers Paired With Four RX Vega 64 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining Ethereum With AMD Threadrippers Paired With Four RX Vega 64 GPUs

Phoronix: Mining Ethereum With AMD Threadrippers Paired With Four RX Vega 64 GPUs

Phoronix reader Thomas Frech has shared with us an article he wrote about his new Ethereum mining work on two systems using AMD Threadripper processors and a total four Radeon RX Vega 64 GPUs under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what version of opencl are you running?

Comment

I totally believe that so much energy and processing power goes to waste. The best thing could be a university alliance that proposes a "knowledge coin" and we give our computing power to solve critical problems for humanity wile this knowledge is free to all and the coins a few for everyone.

Comment

Are you sure, this setup is gonna work cooling-wise once all 4 cards are @100%?

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
          I totally believe that so much energy and processing power goes to waste.
          not to mention contributing to the global warming..

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
            I totally believe that so much energy and processing power goes to waste. The best thing could be a university alliance that proposes a "knowledge coin" and we give our computing power to solve critical problems for humanity wile this knowledge is free to all and the coins a few for everyone.
            It's called BOINC (https://boinc.berkeley.edu/)
            And if you're sad about wasted processing power and energy, allow me to remind you of the amount of avoidable processing required to load a web page these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
              And if you're sad about wasted processing power and energy, allow me to remind you of the amount of avoidable processing required to load a web page these days...
              Which is minimal enough that the average smartphone can load it comfortably. I'm not saying you're wrong, but comparing the inefficiencies of loading web pages pales in comparison to how wasteful cryptocurrency mining is.

I myself have a PC I have dedicated to BOINC, using outdated hardware nobody wants all while keeping my apartment warm during the winter. In effect, the system has no waste at all - worst case scenario, it keeps me warm instead of needing to use my electric radiators.

Comment

>This means on 18 October 2017 is the reset of the ICE-AGE bomb then we will see normal results again. Right now the difficulty adjustment goes very high because the
                >exponential function ICE-AGE Bomb...

Apple Will Talk About Its GPU Compiler & More At LLVM 2017 Meeting
                The meeting takes place at the San Jose Convention Center from 18 to 19 October
                Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it relation between October,the 18th and October, the 18th events or is is coincidence?

Comment

What is an Ice Age Bomb?

Comment

If I had that system here I would be paying abouts $800 a month in power bills. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X