Some Fresh Intel Core, AMD Ryzen Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.10 + Linux 4.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Fresh Intel Core, AMD Ryzen Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.10 + Linux 4.13

Phoronix: Some Fresh Intel Core, AMD Ryzen Benchmarks On Ubuntu 17.10 + Linux 4.13

For those wanting to see some fresh Linux CPU benchmarks with various AMD Ryzen and Intel Core processors, here are some benchmarks with Ubuntu 17.10 paired with its Linux 4.13 kernel build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to know the Ryzen system memory speed and timing as these affect greatly the performance (unlike Intel)

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
      I would like to know the Ryzen system memory speed and timing as these affect greatly the performance (unlike Intel)
      They were DDR4-3200, don't have timing information handy (wish Linux had better support for exposing this properly, so would then be auto-recorded, sans sometimes accurate memory information only when root...)
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael, will you please make a gaming benchmark comparison Ryzen 5/7 vs Core i5/i7 with medium priced dedicated GPU like GTX 1060/GTX 1070/RX 580/Vega 56?

I'm trying to find such a benchmark somewhere on the, internet, but nobody does this. There are no benchmark on reasonably priced CPU+GPU combos.

Comment

@AMD - you must now throw more than you have(hire more gcc/llvm special ops) at compilers, to squeeze every single drop.

Comment

Yes that would be helpful IreMinMon .
            I'm looking for same data to help decide. Definitely AMD graphics for me but unsure on CPU, Ryzen 5 1600 or just 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

They were DDR4-3200, don't have timing information handy (wish Linux had better support for exposing this properly, so would then be auto-recorded, sans sometimes accurate memory information only when root...)
              Unfortunately.. They use to be accessible from some dct registers but AMD did not publish the BKDG for 17h The PPR only contain the MSR registers on wich I was able to use to enable p-state overclocking directly in the Xen hypervisor but it contain nothing about memory timing.

Comment

Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
                Yes that would be helpful IreMinMon .
                I'm looking for same data to help decide. Definitely AMD graphics for me but unsure on CPU, Ryzen 5 1600 or just 3...
                I went with the Ryzen 5 1600. It is your best bang for you buck. Although currently, it may not give any improvements over a Ryzen 3, for the $50 more, it offers 8 more threads. Much longer life given the growing number of DX12 and Vulkan titles hitting the market.

Comment

Thank you audi.rs4 .

Comment

The new i3 with 4 cores and i5 with 6 makes it tricky. For work Intel easy with Igp.. rats.

Comment

Working...
                    X