Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 7.2 Release Candidate Arrives

Phoronix: PHP 7.2 Release Candidate Arrives

PHP 7.2 has matured past the alpha and beta stages and is now out with its first release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The worse language in the world. Sad that the oldest frameworks were written in PHP, hence cementing it's popularity. Most people who love PHP love Wordpress, they never touch the code.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
      The worse language in the world. Sad that the oldest frameworks were written in PHP, hence cementing it's popularity. Most people who love PHP love Wordpress, they never touch the code.
      what a load of garbage.

Comment

Are you even from this world?

PHP is easy to learn, you can do tons with it and there're a lot of tutorials out there. Why wouldn't anyone learn it?

Comment

I never said that it's not easy. Just that it's an ugly language. People who set up worldpress blogs don't do any coding beyond changing variable values and copy pasting from google.
          If all you do is type ifconfig /all you wouldn't know how deficient cmd is either.
          My point was that PHP's popularity is not from it's greatness as a language, but the richness of the frameworks.

Comment

I never said that it's not easy. Just that it's an ugly language. People who set up worldpress blogs don't do any coding beyond changing variable values and copy pasting from google.
            If all you do is type ifconfig /all you wouldn't know how deficient cmd is either.
            My point was that PHP's popularity is not from it's greatness as a language, but the richness of the frameworks.
            what does wordpress have to do with PHP? absolutely nothing. just more garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

what does wordpress have to do with PHP? absolutely nothing. just more garbage.
              our mission: democratize publishing the freedom to build. the freedom to change. the freedom to share. our story WordPress started in 2003 when Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg created a fork of b2/cafelog. The need for an elegant, well-architected personal publishing system was clear even then. Today, WordPress is built on PHP and MySQL, and licensed […]

Comment

our mission: democratize publishing the freedom to build. the freedom to change. the freedom to share. our story WordPress started in 2003 when Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg created a fork of b2/cafelog. The need for an elegant, well-architected personal publishing system was clear even then. Today, WordPress is built on PHP and MySQL, and licensed […]

I know what wordpress is. Again what does it have to do with PHP?

Comment

Wordpress code is shit, I suspect it was developed long time before PHP had a decent class implementation.
                  PHP is fully suitable for complex project/framework and can be used in elegant way since at least version 6, just look at Magento code and you'll see it is just a language like any others.
                  Then it is all about taste and taste is a very personal thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X