Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QupZilla Web Browser Becomes KDE Falkon

Phoronix: QupZilla Web Browser Becomes KDE Falkon

The QupZilla open-source web-browser built using Qt WebEngine and in development for the past seven years is now part of the KDE project and has renamed itself to Falkon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One of the best news of the year.

Comment

Sad news… QupZilla was my backup browser and I had some hope of seeing it reach a really usable state one day to replace Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
        Fork it. There can never be enough QT based browsers with the letter k.
        The name Falkon at least has some meaning and people can remember the name Falkon easily.... There is this other Desktop that names it's applications like this: "Browser", "Filemanager", "Musik Player", "Video Player", "Text Editor"... and so on, which is totally irritating because you never know what's behind these names

Comment

Originally posted by The article
          Konqueror meanwhile is still living in KDE4 land
          This is completely false, it's been a KF5 application since 16.12 - you even reported on it! https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ications-16.12

I do question my subscription when there's so little fact-checking or research; the KDevelop articles have been similarly bad.

Comment

Great news ! Falkon browser in Kde !!!!

Comment

To develop a "indie" browser today is no easy feat. Those things are now small operational systems and are known to consume a staggering amount of man power to keep up with the competitors.

Anyway, I wish them the best of luck. Hope it will someday be good enough to take the place of Firefox in Kubuntu and KDE Neon.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Sad news… QupZilla was my backup browser and I had some hope of seeing it reach a really usable state one day to replace Firefox.
                I hope it does not become a bloated mess of code. I will wait and see before calling this "sad news", but otherwise I do agree with you.

Comment

Hopefully it won't drag in everything and the kitchen sink as dependencies.

Comment

why didnt they just call it " Kzilla "

Comment

Working...
                    X