Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DC Display Code Updated In amd-staging-drm-next

Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Display Code Updated In amd-staging-drm-next

The massive set of AMDGPU "DC" (formerly "DAL") display code has been re-based against their work-in-progress Linux 4.14 DRM code and is residing in amd-staging-drm-next...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I imagine updating the PKGBUILD prior to building via yaourt on arch should yield a usable 4.14 kernel as seen here:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/l...d-staging-git/

If I had a Vega card come in I'm sure I could be up and running in a day or two considering it takes the better part of a day to compile.

I'm looking foreward to mainline.

Comment

..more likely would be seeing it in Linux 4.15
      Clear. So expect the release at least December or January

Comment

Cool, I was looking to see if they'd done this until about 20 minutes before they pushed it. ;- )

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
          Clear. So expect the release at least December or January
          Till then we'll live with a mini jack

Comment

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it would be really swell to have it in shape for the 4.14 merge, since it's going to be the next LTS. I like to run LTS kernels once all my hardware features are supported and stable.

Comment

Even if it does get into DRM-Next, it could also be rejected by Linus Torvalds during the merge window if he's happy about a combination of the size / code quality / abstractions
              Guessing this should read "unhappy" ? Even Linus isn't mean enough to kick something out just because he likes it
              Last edited by bridgman; 03 August 2017, 06:07 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

I've had an amd-staging-drm-next branch for several months now. It's basically our internal amd-staging branch rebased on drm-next.

Comment

Wait, that doesn't seem to make much sense... The initial DAL was 93k LOC. And now it's 126k LOC. That's not making it any easier to review...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Wait, that doesn't seem to make much sense... The initial DAL was 93k LOC. And now it's 126k LOC. That's not making it any easier to review...
                    Maybe it's added comments?

Comment

Working...
                    X