Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Features Of Mesa 17.2

Phoronix: The New Features Of Mesa 17.2

Mesa 17.2 will be officially released in one or two weeks, so here's a recap of all the improvements made to this open-source 3D Linux driver stack over the past quarter.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So OpenGL 4.6 has been revealed? Is there a list of extensions promoted to the core spec?

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
      So OpenGL 4.6 has been revealed? Is there a list of extensions promoted to the core spec?
      I think that's the article that is about to be released in 43 minutes...

Comment

Mesa 17.2 continues with complete OpenGL 4.5 support for Intel i965 and RadeonSI while offering partial OpenGL 4.6 support. Hopefully for Mesa 17.3 next quarter we will see OpenGL 4.6 compliance.
        Ha, I remember when we were dreaming the day opensource was able to catch the proprietary blobs, and now look where we are.

Comment

"I been sayin' it, I been sayin' it fer ten damn years!"

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
            OpenGL 4.6: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24983
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well I couldn't be happier, with Mesa 17.2, I can at last stop using mesa GIT, everything seems to run great on my boxes with 17.2, so for now on no more scared of running updates and breaking games/steam, etc. It is incredible how much have Mesa and the open source drivers improved over the space of barely two years.

Comment

Working...
              X