Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Games 3.26 To Feature UI Improvements, New Features

Phoronix: GNOME Games 3.26 To Feature UI Improvements, New Features

GNOME Games, the application for the GNOME desktop to serve as a game library for browsing installed games as well as integrating with some game emulators and other features, is seeing new feature activity for the GNOME 3.26 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried to figure out Gnome Games and how to add / play PSX games and it was too complicated so I gave up and just used pcsxr I would really like something that mirrors the functionality of LibRetro or even integrates it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      I would really like something that mirrors the functionality of LibRetro or even integrates it.
      You realize that Games uses libretro? Discovery of games is certainly annoying since it relies upon Tracker, based on this blog post that is improving though.

Comment

I think right now it uses Tracker to find things, which I find to be terrible. I would much rather say 'here is a folder of roms, and here is a folder of roms'. This way you don't end up with it scanning some of the rom sets which end up adding 30 versions of some random crappy game. Plus if the project can integrate things like the GamesDB, like retropie has, it'd be VERY nice. It's already quite nice though.

Comment

How to install gnome games on Fedora ? I didn't find any package

Comment

Originally posted by woprandi View Post
            How to install gnome games on Fedora ? I didn't find any package
            Don't use it, it is garbage ware!! use PCSXR and mednafen instead.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
              I think right now it uses Tracker to find things, which I find to be terrible. I would much rather say 'here is a folder of roms, and here is a folder of roms'. This way you don't end up with it scanning some of the rom sets which end up adding 30 versions of some random crappy game. Plus if the project can integrate things like the GamesDB, like retropie has, it'd be VERY nice. It's already quite nice though.
              I feel the same about GNOME Photos. I'm used to GThumb and most likely won't be replacing it with GNOME Photos, but I would like to give Photos a serious look. Except that I can't because it relies upon Tracker which is a resource hog on *my* laptop (despite this being modern hardware) and more importantly: the fact that I can't just point Photos to a specific folder because everything has to be in the top level of the Pictures folder.

Comment

Working...
              X