Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADATA SU800 128GB SSD On Linux

Phoronix: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD On Linux

Needing to replace a failed hard drive in one of our server room benchmark systems, I decided to try out the ADATA SU800 as something new. It's an affordable SATA 3.0 SSD and in not trying out an ADATA SSD in a while, I decided to purchase this one and run some benchmarks on it prior to commissioning it to its new home.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow ! Like you said....when compared to a spinning rust drive the value play becomes clear. Yeah....not the faster tool in the toolbox compared to other SSD drives but a mighty cheap performance enhancer to an older machine or if your budget won't allow for any more.

Nice article ! Thanks !

Comment

Wow, for $60 this 3D NAND SSD is a great value. And the 256GB is $95 which is also very good.

Comment

How does it compare in a RAID controller scenario?

Comment

and for reference was also a Western Digital WD10EZRX-00A 1TB SATA 3.0 HDD for reference.
          I think you double referenced there, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
            Wow ! Like you said....when compared to a spinning rust drive
            lolwhat? modern hard drives use platters made of coated glass.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD On Linux

Needing to replace a failed hard drive in one of our server room benchmark systems, I decided to try out the ADATA SU800 as something new. It's an affordable SATA 3.0 SSD and in not trying out an ADATA SSD in a while, I decided to purchase this one and run some benchmarks on it prior to commissioning it to its new home.
              Michael, I wish you would include the endurance spec measured in TBW in your SSD reviews, and graph it against the competition. There's actually quite a range even amongst consumer grade SSD's.
              Last edited by torsionbar28; 25 June 2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                Just using a phrase they say over at the theregister.com It's a British based tech news site. Weird sense of humor only the Brits have. Relax....I know what they are made of.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                  It could also be aluminium, glass or ceramic materials. It just have to be non-magnetic.

Hitachi DeathStars used glass platters btw

Comment

Working...
                  X