Mesa 17.2-dev + Linux 4.12 Intel Skylake HD Graphics 530 Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.2-dev + Linux 4.12 Intel Skylake HD Graphics 530 Benchmarks

Phoronix: Mesa 17.2-dev + Linux 4.12 Intel Skylake HD Graphics 530 Benchmarks

With having powered up the Core i5 6600K "Skylake" test rig that I haven't run many benchmarks on recent in the days of Kabylake, I ran some fresh HD Graphics 530 tests with Linux 4.12 and Mesa 17.2-dev to see if these upgrades are worthwhile for Skylake Linux users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Strange is that same test under OpenGL yielded completely opposite results where under new kernel it got half the speed. One would not expect improvements in one area (vulkan) to affect them like that for completely different driver (opengl).

Comment

Woohoo! 14fps. Yeah that's us Intel GPU users ...

Comment

Intel Graphics is still great for slideshows, good to know.

Comment

I have a base model Mac mini that plays heroes of the storm, and pillars of eternity just fine with intel hd 5000 graphics. Sometimes its the right choice.

And sometimes I want to hear my amd radeon blasting away full tilt while I run games on ultra.

Comment

Working...
          X