Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PasVulkan: Now You Can Make Use Of Vulkan In Object Pascal

Phoronix: PasVulkan: Now You Can Make Use Of Vulkan In Object Pascal

In our never-ending quest of exploring the interesting -- and ever-growing -- number of Vulkan projects on GitHub, one seeing a fair amount of work is the relatively unheard of PasVulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The name is confusing for a French speaker, as it literally means "NotVulkan" -- confusing, but actually funny. I first thought about a new graphics library (in the way of GNU's Not Unix or similar NoSQL, etc... naming patterns).

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
      The name is confusing for a French speaker, as it literally means "NotVulkan" -- confusing, but actually funny. I first thought about a new graphics library (in the way of GNU's Not Unix or similar NoSQL, etc... naming patterns).
      Object PaSQL. ;- )

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        As the developer of PasVulkan, I'm a german, and "Pas" is just a shorthand for Pascal ;-)

Comment

begin

Hopefully the project will go a bit faster!

end;

Comment

Been a while since I last coded anything in Pascal, that's what I learned programming with as a 12-year old. Nice to see that people are still using it though, and as much as I dislike the design of the LCL (or VCL, for that matter), I have yet to find an easier way to create and code GUI applications than with Lazarus.

Originally posted by BeRo
            As the developer of PasVulkan, I'm a german
            Heh. Are you active in the DelphiGL community by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
              Are you active in the DelphiGL community by any chance?
              Yes, I'm registered there with the handle bero (since 26 Aug 2003 21:08), but I'm posting there less and less since some years, because I'm already mostly busy with my software projects of which I have a lot (see my GitHub profile https://github.com/BeRo1985?tab=repositories and my personal website http://www.rosseaux.com/ ) (and beside in addition to my primary day job, also as programmer).

Roughly said, you're going to see on the internet more of my work output than forum posts, blog posts and social media posts in sum, or as a summary: I'm from many people's eyes a workaholic.

Comment

Working...
              X