Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.33 Released

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.33 Released

KDE Frameworks 5.33 was released this weekend as the latest monthly installment to this large set of KDE libraries to complement Qt...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    Seems like the development have slowed down a lot. Why can't they just sync apps, framework and plasma? It is not like they release much anyway.
    Probably because separate projects have separate life cycles. What would releasing everything at once accomplish?

Comment

Make it testable? Like having real people test the software before it is exposed to users.

I will give you that KDE doesnt have the man power to test it anyway but at least they should try.

For now they are just throwing code over the fence.
      I'm sure they will happily accept your contribution.

Comment

Make it testable? Like having real people test the software before it is exposed to users.

I will give you that KDE doesnt have the man power to test it anyway but at least they should try.

For now they are just throwing code over the fence.
        Ha, you're not a developer.

Staggered releases actually facilitate testing. Like test the new Frameworks version before laying a whole app on top of it. It's easier to isolate problems this way.

Comment

I wish KIO would be a plugin of GIO. It sucks hard that i can not use KIO slaves in gnome. GIO is usable everywhere thanks to GVFS. Inkscape or GIMP still can not use webdav KIO slaves or baloo-links ...

Comment

Seems like the development have slowed down a lot. Why can't they just sync apps, framework and plasma? It is not like they release much anyway.
            It's not gnome which is released with nearly no changes.

Comment

Nah. Hours should be spent on desktops with larger market share. Like XFCE, unity or the reference linux desktop.
              Care to elaborate? As far as I know KDE has bigger market share than xfce or the disastrous one - gNone.

Comment

I know it has happened a few times, but not all KDE devs are willing to drop their long-running projects the second Gnome creates yet another NIH clone.

Comment

Nah. Hours should be spent on desktops with larger market share. Like XFCE, unity or the reference linux desktop.
                  Lol, Unity? Last I checked it was dead in the water like the POS it always was.

Comment

Originally posted by Staffan View Post

I'm sure they will happily accept your contribution.
                    I wouldn;t believe anything a troll like Griffin says as he's so intimidated by superior projects, he has to troll to maintain his delusion.

Comment

Working...
                    X