Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.11-rc6 Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.11-rc6 Released

Linus Torvalds has announced the release of Linux 4.11-rc6 as the latest weekly test version of what will officially become Linux 4.11 around the end of April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think I'm going to file my first kernel bug report. My i7 6700K, RX480 Debian Unstable system will usually not reboot. The case HDD light will light up, the computer will reboot, beep, but never come back and when I turn computer off/on, and log back in the ethernet will not work until I turn system off, turn PSU off, push power button, then restart. No one else seems to be having this problem. If on, it seems to work OK otherwise.

Comment

DonQ is your bios up to date?

Comment

Originally posted by iame6162013 View Post
        DonQ is your bios up to date?
        It wasn't before, it is now, but still have the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DonQ View Post

It wasn't before, it is now, but still have the problem.
          Have you tried with or without the microcode package?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Have you tried with or without the microcode package?
            CPU microcode? Not yet but I will tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by DonQ View Post

CPU microcode? Not yet but I will tonight!
              Yup.
              I said both, because maybe the microcode needs an update or it's the update that messes things up and you should try without...

Comment

Did anyone benchmark Dota 2 with AMDGPU and Vulkan? It should be faster then 4.10 ...

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Yup.
                  I said both, because maybe the microcode needs an update or it's the update that messes things up and you should try without...
                  Didn't help with no microcode. It's a weird one in that after I try to reboot, the HDD light comes on and the screen goes/stays black but if I click Ctrl+Alt+Del, it will "reboot" and beep again but stay at a bllack screen. I just removed SDDM from starting up and the problem still happened.

Comment

It seems more like a hardware/bios thing than an OS one but who knows..

Comment

Working...
                    X