Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NixOS 17.03 Switches To X.Org Server 1.19, KDE Plasma 5

Phoronix: NixOS 17.03 Switches To X.Org Server 1.19, KDE Plasma 5

For those interested in the NixOS Linux distribution built off the Nix package manager, the 17.03 release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Their 'sliding window principle' is pretty interesting. Before, it was not really clear how cross-building was supposed to work …

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing how NixOS compares to others like ClearLinux and Arch or what I use Manjaro(some nice defaults like BFQ). Another distro that could be interesting to see compared is KaOS which is purely focused on KDE, they're a little too strict on that goal for my interests but how it performs against the usual popular KDE distro's would be interesting.

Comment

NixOS looks like a promising base for other distros to improve on. If they actually manage to achieve what they set out to.

Comment

Working...
        X