Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparseBinding Lands For Radeon RADV Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: sparseBinding Lands For Radeon RADV Vulkan Driver

The open-source community-based "RADV" Radeon Vulkan driver has now enabled the sparseBinding feature...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will be interesting to see if RADV finishes off these features before AMD open-sources any of their Vulkan driver code.
    Not the ones that the hardware doesn't support. That does (AFAIK) include the two remaining texture compression modes.

Anyway, good to see some more progress.

Comment

Has there been any hints yet on when AMD are going to release their Vulkan driver? At this rate there might not be much point

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        Has there been any hints yet on when AMD are going to release their Vulkan driver? At this rate there might not be much point
        Comparing implementations might always help for optimizations. It's just sad of not doing it earlier in the development...

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          If they can make radV fast then yes there is less point in AMD releasing theirs... apart from comparing and learning.

But for now AMD's proprietary implementation is better performance tuned and way faster... So releasing it will be cool.

Comment

So if I wanted to install radv in gentoo. I can see that the -vulkan flag isn't enough when installing mesa. Currently on 17.0.2. How does one enable radv ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darksurf View Post
              So if I wanted to install radv in gentoo. I can see that the -vulkan flag isn't enough when installing mesa. Currently on 17.0.2. How does one enable radv ?
              I think you need a 9999 version. Will check when I get home to my gentoo box.

Comment

Working...
              X