Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle for Wesnoth 1.13.7 Released

Phoronix: Battle for Wesnoth 1.13.7 Released

For those looking for a free software turn-based strategy game, the open-source Battle for Wesnoth project remains under development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, that's a blast from the past. I forgot this title existed.
    I'm not into turn based RPGs as much as I once was, but still, a great title.

Comment

Not exactly Far Cry Primal

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
        True. This one requires thinking and planning.

Comment

This genre is not for everybody, but if you are into it, Battle for Wesnoth is a top-notch contender! Beautiful graphics, very complex yet extremely well balanced gameplay, and great storytelling. At the same time, a vast amount of community contributions that can be installed from the game with a few clicks.

Wesnoth is a prime example for a community-driven game that got extremely far over the time. It continues to bring lots of joy to many people.

Comment

Oh nice! It's one of the best games (and in fact the very first i played under the linux). It is amazing how much linux gaming have changed for last few years.

Anyway, Wesnoth, while you're in it, it turns to be both very addictive and satisfying!

Comment

Glad to see the project's still alive. Unfortunately development is not as fast as it used to be in the past.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Nor is it developed by Ubisoft Montreal that have 2700+ full-time employees.

Comment

Glad you can tell the difference between what is basically a digital tabletop game and a random total shit action game from Ubilol.

Comment

This is an excellent game, can recommend it with a hand on my heart.

Comment

Working...
                    X