Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Now Formally Providing Free Linux Games To Mesa Developers

Phoronix: Feral Now Formally Providing Free Linux Games To Mesa Developers

Similar to Valve offering their collection of games to Mesa developers (as well as Ubuntu/Debian developers), Feral Interactive is now offering their Linux game collection for free to Mesa developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool beans! That's what's up man.

Comment

This is good to see! I wonder if there is extra support and early access for the devs too

Comment

Hey it's me your mesa developer

Comment

those with 25 more more commits to Mesa

Comment

Enjoying there Warhammer Total war port atm

Comment

Just a thought - maybe benefits like this would help with new people getting into Mesa development? Become a contributor to get some free games

Comment

Also, might be worth mentioning GOL put up a big interview with Feral around the same time: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...evelopers.9356

Comment

I doubt that's a good idea, you'd end up with folks contributing a little one liner once just to get free games. I think Feral is more interested in proven qualified developers.

Comment

Always somebody to find a negative in a good story. Sheesh.

I very much doubt anyone is going to submit stuff to Mesa just to get free games. Even if somebody tries, I'm sure the maintainers will vet and only accept good code.

Comment

Working...
                    X