Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Radeon Vega Work Lands For LLVM 5.0

Phoronix: More Radeon Vega Work Lands For LLVM 5.0

Yesterday we saw 100 patches adding Vega support to the Radeon DRM driver as well as 140 patches adding Vega support to RadeonSI Gallium3D. The other big piece of the open-source Linux driver stack for Vega is the AMDGPU LLVM changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, i think if everything is in releases by the end of august then Ubuntu 17.10 and probably SteamOS 3 would pick it up

Comment

lol I'm so used to hardware releasing and then the drivers showing up, that I thought that Vega cards were already shipping. Glad to see AMD will have launch day support and that I hope other hardware vendors follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Well, i think if everything is in releases by the end of august then Ubuntu 17.10 and probably SteamOS 3 would pick it up
        steamos can pick up from git

Comment

Originally posted by tweak42 View Post
          Glad to see AMD will have launch day support and that I hope other hardware vendors follow suit.
          intel had launch day support afaik and nvidia has no support at all. what other vendors did you mean?

Comment

I believe we have always had launch day support for integrated graphics, at least since we started making APUs.

Launch day support for dGPUs is more difficult, partly because the market is more competitive and so secrecy is valued more highly. Polaris might have been the first time we had launch day open source support for a dGPU.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              steamos can pick up from git
              Better do not count on that at all

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                I believe we have always had launch day support for integrated graphics, at least since we started making APUs.

Launch day support for dGPUs is more difficult, partly because the market is more competitive and so secrecy is valued more highly. Polaris might have been the first time we had launch day open source support for a dGPU.
                I guess it depends what level of support you got. We've often had launch or pre-launch support for dGPUs, but lacking certain features. I think Polaris was the first dGPU family with more or less full featured support at launch. As you said, for APUs, I think we have had pre-launch support for all of them.

Comment

Working...
                X