Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 13.0 vs. 17.0 vs. 17.1 Git RadeonSI Tests

Phoronix: Mesa 13.0 vs. 17.0 vs. 17.1 Git RadeonSI Tests

For those curious how Mesa 17.1-devel Git is performing relative to the Mesa 13.0 and 17.0 stable series, here are some Mesa Git benchmarks on three different Radeon graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What are the LLVM versions for each mesa version?

Comment

Nice benchmarks. Thank you, Michael! Looking forward to radv.

Comment

Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
        See the OpenGL string in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
          Some random and not really up to date git-llvm stable versions But OK generally speaking 3.9 for 13 and 4.0 for 17.x
          Last edited by dungeon; 18 March 2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Some random and not really up to date git-llvm stable versions But OK generally speaking 3.9 for 13 and 4.0 for 17.x
            LLVM4 is still recent. Mesa 13 doesn't support v4 so 3.9 was used there.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah 4.0 sound more OK, i just spot 3.9.0 for 13 which is not really most recent stable of 3.9 branch...0 sounds more like initial 3.9 release or something.

Comment

"4.0 sounds more OK"? You have to be kidding me, 4.0 was released a couple of days ago. I just got it installed on Gentoo, which had a release-day-upgrade of it (very impressive, thank you devs!) and always asking for Git HEAD is asking a bit much (especially since it can contain annoying regressions, that will be fixed in a day or two.
                Michael did the entirely correct thing to use the latest possible _stable_ release of LLVM for each version. Thank you Michael, great tests! Still missing the 290 though (yeees I know why!)

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

"4.0 sounds more OK"? You have to be kidding me, 4.0 was released a couple of days ago. I just got it installed on Gentoo, which had a release-day-upgrade of it (very impressive, thank you devs!) and always asking for Git HEAD is asking a bit much (especially since it can contain annoying regressions, that will be fixed in a day or two.
                  I meant with "OK" as "sounds more up to date" in comparison to 3.9.0 where newest is actually 3.9.1+... these stable branches are maintained also, it is not just initial release and forget about it

Literally described if you want to check mesa 13 git you would use llvm 3.9 git also, this against that:

Project moved to: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project - GitHub - llvm-mirror/llvm at release_39

And not newest 13, but llvm 3.9.0 something from september instead of december

Same for mesa 17, this against that but now 4.0:

Project moved to: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project - GitHub - llvm-mirror/llvm at release_40

Otherwise main heads of both.
                  Last edited by dungeon; 18 March 2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah 4.0 sound more OK, i just spot 3.9.0 for 13 which is not really most recent stable of 3.9 branch...0 sounds more like initial 3.9 release or something.
                    LLVM 3.9.1 is the stable branch for the last 3.x series; and it includes some issues 3.9 lacks for Mesa.

Comment

Working...
                    X