Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLD Linker Declared Ready For Production On x86_64 ELF Platforms

Phoronix: LLD Linker Declared Ready For Production On x86_64 ELF Platforms

LLVM developer Rui Ueyama is encouraging the "dogfeeding" of their linker, LLD, that should now be ready for production use on some platforms/architectures with this week's LLVM 4.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last week I was unable to build llvm whilst using clang and lld - I was passing in -fuse-ld=lld which is how I normally switch between gold and bfd

Comment

Nice, gonna try out some linkerscripts, bet there are still some things missing for bare metal builds. If its supports cross linking in the same way clang supports compiling, then supporting diverse plattforms will be really easy

Comment

I would be interesting to see in GCC vs LLVM+gold vs LLVM+LLD for both compiling speeds and performance speed comparisons of the generated binaries. Generated binary file size too might be intersting.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          Last week I was unable to build llvm whilst using clang and lld - I was passing in -fuse-ld=lld which is how I normally switch between gold and bfd
          Discuss it with the devs on LLVM, not Phoronix.

Comment

yes im interested in lld benchmark

Comment

The main reason that I am interested in LLD is not its speed (linking speed is rarely a bottleneck for me). What I would like to see is better cross-compilation experience with LLVM-based languages like Rust and Crystal ... It would be really great to cross-compile software without extra-steps like installing cross-tool packages like arm-none-eabi-binutils...

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Discuss it with the devs on LLVM, not Phoronix.
                I just stopped using it - it clearly isn't ready

Comment

Working...
                X