Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Development Build Of Mageia 6 Emerges

Phoronix: A New Development Build Of Mageia 6 Emerges

Mageia 6 is running months behind schedule while today the project was able to announce their second stabilization snapshot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

a project slowly Dying

Comment

The beauty of FOSS projects is that they can take the proper time to get it right, which is exactly what Mageia has been doing. Thankfully they're being more communicative with their users. As long as there is ongoing development and willing users, FOSS projects are very much alive. Anvil, your comment makes more sense in discussing commercial, closed source projects and not FOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        a project slowly Dying
        Too many desktops. A problem in any desktop is often a release blocker, etc. This combined with a small team means overload.

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post

Too many desktops. A problem in any desktop is often a release blocker, etc. This combined with a small team means overload.
          im sure Magiea tends to base itself off Fedora in some ways. i just dont think Magiea has the Man Power to continue making stable releases

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
            im sure Magiea tends to base itself off Fedora in some ways. i just dont think Magiea has the Man Power to continue making stable releases
            They don't (I package for Mageia). The super long stability freezes are pretty tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post

They don't (I package for Mageia). The super long stability freezes are pretty tiresome.
              so its gonna be a bit like a Rolling Release?

Comment

Working...
              X