Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Scheduled To Be Released On Halloween

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Scheduled To Be Released On Halloween

While Fedora 26 isn't even being released until June, today the Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) has approved the initial release schedule for Fedora 27...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ah okay, so around Thanksgiving.

Comment

It'd be extra spooky if they actually released on-schedule

Comment

Gnome4 or 3.26 to come with 27?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          Gnome4 or 3.26 to come with 27?
          If my understanding is correct, Gnome was going to stay with 3.x while GTK moved to 4.x. It really makes no difference to the end user regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenk View Post

If my understanding is correct, Gnome was going to stay with 3.x while GTK moved to 4.x. It really makes no difference to the end user regardless.
            i think you are right but no harm in hoping?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

i think you are right but no harm in hoping?
              GTK4 is still in development, (3.90 is due in march IIRC). If I would take an educated guess, I think we have at least another year and a half before GTK4 is released as stable (vaguely remember reading that gtk4 is planning a 2 year+ devel cycle). If GNOME were to bump to 4, I would think that it would be timed with the GTK4 release... assuming they even want to do that.

So Fedora 29+?

Comment

going by this, there def wil be a 3.26 after 3.24 https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web/Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

GTK4 is still in development, (3.90 is due in march IIRC). If I would take an educated guess, I think we have at least another year and a half before GTK4 is released as stable (vaguely remember reading that gtk4 is planning a 2 year+ devel cycle). If GNOME were to bump to 4, I would think that it would be timed with the GTK4 release... assuming they even want to do that.

So Fedora 29+?
                  It doesn't matter if GTK4 is stable or not for Fedora to switch to it. GTK3 has only been declared stable by upstream GTK devs since 3.20 but that didn't stop Fedora from using <3.20 by default for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
                    Ah okay, so around Thanksgiving.
                    It would be much more appros for them to delay it to Christmas, for the extra metajokes of confusing Oct 31 and Dec 25 and making fun of themselves for delays.

Comment

Working...
                    X