Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking OpenCL On Intel Graphics With Beignet 1.3

Phoronix: Benchmarking OpenCL On Intel Graphics With Beignet 1.3

Last week marked the release of Intel's Beignet 1.3, their open-source project implementing OpenCL acceleration atop modern CPUs with HD/Iris Graphics. Significant with Beignet 1.3 is that they've finally implemented OpenCL 2.0 support! OpenCL 2.0 is now available for Skylake hardware and newer. Beignet 1.3 also has other new features, runtime improvements, LLVM 3.9 support, new extensions, and much more. Thus time for some benchmarking of this new Beignet release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice comparison. Would it be possible to add one of your CPU with Iris Pro graphics in the next test against dGPUs? That would really be interesting...

Thanks!

Comment

Why is Pentium G4400 missing on some of the test results? Did it fail to run some of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
        Why is Pentium G4400 missing on some of the test results? Did it fail to run some of them?
        Killed it for the ones at the end since those results were already flatlined and not interesting data while taking long time to run.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fakenmc View Post
          Nice comparison. Would it be possible to add one of your CPU with Iris Pro graphics in the next test against dGPUs? That would really be interesting...

Thanks!
          I had tried the i7-5775C for the original tests but there is currently a network bug in Clear preventing it from installing on that system.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

did you try to run luxmark
            since 1.3 it gives me a error

Comment

Michael is it possible to run those OpenCL tests on the CPU? So one can compare the performance of running on the iGPU vs CPU

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                Michael is it possible to run those OpenCL tests on the CPU? So one can compare the performance of running on the iGPU vs CPU
                Not sure if POCL (portable CPU OpenCL support) is far enough along to allow that yet.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                  did you try to run luxmark
                  since 1.3 it gives me a error
                  i try and it's working the ball with phoronix test suite

Comment

Another interesting target would be the Intel CPU accelerator cards like Xeon Phi / Knight's Landing. I believe they're supposed to have OpenCL support from some source or other.

Comment

Working...
                    X