Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Looks Like Civilization VI Could Be Shipping Soon For Linux

Phoronix: It Looks Like Civilization VI Could Be Shipping Soon For Linux

It looks like Aspyr Media could soon be releasing their Linux port of the highly-anticipated Civilization VI...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it as bad as Beyond Earth? That game was really, really trash.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Is it as bad as Beyond Earth? That game was really, really trash.
      Beyond Earth isn't trash, it was a more simplified version that of Civ 5. Plus people believed it would be a spiritual successor (they own the title but it's not the same name) of Alpha Centauri, but it didn't go that advanced.

Civ 6 is a fresh new Civ game that feels like a sequal to Civ 5 and it's expansions. So to answer your question, No it's not bad, it's really really good.

Tips and bits, the game gives you a hell of a lot more reason to think about where you place your cities because space (borders) is precious now, and so is keeping your cities (not people, cities) happy with their desires.

Comment

I hope it has cross play on release! Otherwise I'll be waiting for the Steam summer sale

Comment

Civ VI is what Civ V should have been. Way to many quirks and simple game killers that stopped V being enjoyable like II, III and IV were.

But, I guess it had to happen (6 years?) in order for VI to be birthed.
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
            Beyond Earth isn't trash, it was a more simplified version that of Civ 5. Plus people believed it would be a spiritual successor (they own the title but it's not the same name) of Alpha Centauri, but it didn't go that advanced.
            I own BE, I tried it: it's trash. I will buy CIV VI since it seems to be good.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Porting seems to go rather fast and smooth these days.

Comment

Working...
              X