Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy Bridge Patches For OpenGL 4.0 In Mesa Updated

Phoronix: Ivy Bridge Patches For OpenGL 4.0 In Mesa Updated

For those running older Intel "Ivy Bridge" hardware on Linux, OpenGL 4.0 support soon should arrive...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

AMD should follow Intel's example and bring r600 opengl support to 4.4.

Comment

FP65?
      Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
        FP65?
        Fixed, thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Max Payne View Post
          Radeon HD 6xxxs are from 2010 IvyBridge is from 2012. Intel is the one lacking behind here.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Payne View Post
            4.1 should be fine too, to at least match hardware release using blob from 5+ years ago

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...n_hd6450&num=1

But really i don't understand people wanting this for old and weak hardware as vast majority is slow for GL4 especially for point 3 and up... might only undertstand those with 6850/6870 to some extend
            Last edited by dungeon; 17 January 2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              But really i don't understand people wanting this for old and weak hardware as vast majority is slow for GL4 especially for point 3 and up... might only undertstand those with 6850/6870 to some extend
              File it under nerds not getting the most out of something. happens to all of us

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                File it under nerds not getting the most out of something. happens to all of us
                I always file that under sado-maso call... developers can do it of course, but who will use this i dunno as it will behave like unusable fallback on weak hardware

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  Better OpenGL support means that I can test if my application works properly on more drivers/devices. And it doesn't really matter if I get 60 fps or 5 fps when I can still see if a scene is rendered properly. So yes, I will be glad if I get full GL 4.5 support for IVB

Comment

Originally posted by deve View Post

Better OpenGL support means that I can test if my application works properly on more drivers/devices. And it doesn't really matter if I get 60 fps or 5 fps when I can still see if a scene is rendered properly. So yes, I will be glad if I get full GL 4.5 support for IVB
                    Yup from developer and scientific POV it make sense and is nice to have, but for end user... average Joe POV it is nothing to care about

Joe would only see there that he need really to buy new hardware anyway... only if he need slideshow to prove that, then let it be

And even when he buy it, he will find like Michael recently that KBL is slower then SKL... something is very wrong with priorities there

One and main purpose of GPUs are to be graphic accelerators and not slideshow player
                    Last edited by dungeon; 17 January 2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X