Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.6 Is Coming Soon With Its New Touchpad Acceleration

Phoronix: Libinput 1.6 Is Coming Soon With Its New Touchpad Acceleration

Peter Hutterer announced the first release candidate for the upcoming libinput 1.6 release, the input handling library supported on X.Org / Wayland / Mir systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about disabling acceleration completely? Is that still a clown show?

Comment

Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
        Libinput 1.6 is sponsored by RH/Gnome. It is Needed for proper Wayland migration. Can anyone point out any important work contributed by KDE hackers? There must be something, right?
        WebKit/KHTML?

Comment

Libinput 1.6 is sponsored by RH/Gnome. It is Needed for proper Wayland migration. Can anyone point out any important work contributed by KDE hackers? There must be something, right?
          Do you realise GNOME and a lot of modern Linux stuff wouldn't work without D-Bus (to the point systemd/RH devs wanted to make it a kernel module) which is heavily borrowed from old KDE's DCOP right ?

Looking at your past posts I guess you are the GNOME variant of debianxfce here anyways.
          Last edited by Scias; 10 January 2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Most distros still use synaptics, but it has been depreciated. If you have laptop with touchpad, please consider enabling libinput or trying a live ISO of Fedora 25 to test it out. If your hardware has issues with libinput, you'll do yourself and users of similar hardware a favor by reporting these issues now on the libinput bug tracker.

Comment

I always hated libinput for being almost unusable with my touchpad, but having used this patchset for almost a month, I no longer have any reason to keep using xf86-input-synaptics. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
                Looking at your past posts I guess you are the GNOME variant of debianxfce here anyways.
                I would say Griffin is worse. Debianxfce may be stubborn and you may want to ignore a lot of his posts, but sometimes he's actually trying to be helpful. Griffin doesn't seem to be capable of saying anything other than 'Gnome good, KDE bad'.

On the topic of great things KDE has produced: Krita is amazing and Okular also deserves a mention. (Evince is lacking some features.)
                And AFAIK KDE's progress on Wayland support does not depend on Gnome's support for it. I'm not following it that closely, though.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Sadly no one can reference any KDE work on this important piece of Wayland migration.
                  good grief.. shouldn't you be back at school messing around with playdough or finger painting?

Comment

Thanks for the insults. Now let's pay some attention to libinput. Can anyone point to any significant work dne by KDE? They use it for Wayland migration so it would be nice to know who really did the hard work.
                    can you point to any significant work done by XOrg or Weston developers in libinput? Just who are you trying to suck up to in Red Hat? Bear in mind gnome wouldn't have existed without KDE, you'd still be using Motif or CDE so all this "trying to piss highest up the wall" to try and create division by childish trolls like you is pointless. End......

Comment

Working...
                    X