Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Developer Posts X.Org Modesetting "MS_ALL_IN_ONE" Patches

Phoronix: AMD Developer Posts X.Org Modesetting "MS_ALL_IN_ONE" Patches

Qiang Yu of AMD has been baking a new feature for the xf86-video-modesetting DDX: MS_ALL_IN_ONE...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm confused, we all ready have PRIME with proper page flipping and DRI3. Soon(or already?) to have tear free fencing on both amd and nvidia with intel. Why make this inferior version?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      I'm confused, we all ready have PRIME with proper page flipping and DRI3. Soon(or already?) to have tear free fencing on both amd and nvidia with intel. Why make this inferior version?
      I suspect it's because they do the "inferior" version with fglrx, and since they want to share kernel and ddx, they need to add support for it.

Comment

Until the GLVND stuff is widely supported you can't mix and match libGLs from different GL stacks. It's also useful for SoCs where you may have separate display and rendering hw. Take a look at the etnaviv stuff for example.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          Until the GLVND stuff is widely supported you can't mix and match libGLs from different GL stacks. It's also useful for SoCs where you may have separate display and rendering hw. Take a look at the etnaviv stuff for example.
          what is the current working status of the GLVND ?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

what is the current working status of the GLVND ?
            I suspect what agd5f means is that they need it for the PRO driver which is supporting SLES and RHEL - not for Fedora and the latest Ubuntu's, which likely will have good GLVND support soon.

Comment

Working...
            X