Steam's 2016 Winter Sale Has Begun: Good Deals On Linux / SteamOS Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam's 2016 Winter Sale Has Begun: Good Deals On Linux / SteamOS Games

Phoronix: Steam's 2016 Winter Sale Has Begun: Good Deals On Linux / SteamOS Games

Valve just lit up the Steam Winter Sale that's going on until 2 January for getting great deals on a variety of games, including many Steam OS / Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You know it's a matter of courtesy to mention your links are affiliate links for Amazon right?

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000
      Death to Steam! Death to Valve! They have betrayed us! They are an evil monopoly now that isn't interested in making games any more and only leech developers to publish their games. They are the new EA! Fuck them! Don't buy anything from them. The only way they will stop making hats and other shit and get back to making games is if they stop making money from their monopoly.
      HL1 - 1998
      CS:S - 2004
      HL2 - 2004
      HL2:EP1 - 2006
      TF2 - 2007
      Portal - 2007
      HL2:EP2 - 2007
      L4D - 2008
      L4D2 - 2009
      Portal 2 - 2011
      CS:GO - 2013
      DOTA2 - 2013
      DOD:S - 2013
      The Lab - 2016 (VR demo/game)

So, I mean, there's a few multi-year gaps in there where I guess Valve was totally not developing any games or doing anything good for the industry as a whole. I mean, it's not like they aren't maintaining a Linux distro right now or updating the Steam client or supporting Linux or working to advance VR or anything like that. I mean, Valve totally just sits around and rakes in money. It's all they do. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post

So, I mean, there's a few multi-year gaps in there where I guess Valve was totally not developing any games or doing anything good for the industry as a whole. I mean, it's not like they aren't maintaining a Linux distro right now or updating the Steam client or supporting Linux or working to advance VR or anything like that. I mean, Valve totally just sits around and rakes in money. It's all they do. Right?
        You forgot to mention they totally haven't just ported one of their games to Vulkan and been contributing to its development for some time now. I mean, why would they want to contribute to an API that's going to help improve the performance of their games on their own Linux distro and Linux-based hardware platforms?

Comment

Damn, time to get even more stuff I'll have no time to play!
          And I'm already at the point where 50% of my purchases wait to be installed...

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000
            Death to Steam! Death to Valve! They have betrayed us!
            No death needed, just do not use it if you don't like it - it is simple as that

Comment

Just bought l4d2 for a few bucks for a friend. Works on Macs and Linux good for me.

Comment

damn, again 55€ gone .....

Comment

75% off GRID Autosport and 80% off Portal 2? Hell yeah! I'd been waiting for the latter to go on sale, knew it would happen sooner or later.

Comment

Winter sale?
                    Winter?!?
                    Some of us are in the southern hemisphere, mate. A steam sale is always appreciated though, no matter what it's called.

Comment

Working...
                    X