Croteam Rolls Out Stable Talos Principle Update With Vulkan Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croteam Rolls Out Stable Talos Principle Update With Vulkan Enhancements

Phoronix: Croteam Rolls Out Stable Talos Principle Update With Vulkan Enhancements

Not only do Linux gamers have a huge Dota 2 update to look forward to today, but Croteam has also released an update to The Talos Principle that includes improvements to its Vulkan renderer that was previously available as beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone uses an rx480 with MESA (OpenGL) with Talos?
    When I start the game it tells me that my gfx driver is too old. I can choose 32 or 64 bit Talos and then get blinking garbage on the screen. Other games do work (shadow warrior, dota2, tomb raider, ...).
    I use the opensuse repositories for kernel 4.8 and MESA 13.0.2 (unfortunately not llvm 3.9 - I think).

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
      When I start the game it tells me that my gfx driver is too old.
      There is a cvar "prj_bStartupAutoDetection" just zero that

Comment

I will try this later. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah! Great work, Croteam! I've been playing this a lot lately and was waiting for the Vulkan fix.

When I start the game it tells me that my gfx driver is too old. I can choose 32 or 64 bit Talos and then get blinking garbage on the screen.
          I don't get the the "too old" prompt but I do get the blinking garbage before the game successfully starts. It's not the only game that does that, Rocket League does too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
            Yeah! Great work, Croteam! I've been playing this a lot lately and was waiting for the Vulkan fix.

I don't get the the "too old" prompt but I do get the blinking garbage before the game successfully starts. It's not the only game that does that, Rocket League does too.
            lol. Thank you very much.
            I should have waited a bit. After a minute of blinking garbage the game starts just fine :-)
            Before, I just killed the game thinking it was crashed.

Comment

When I start the game it tells me that my gfx driver is too old. I can choose 32 or 64 bit Talos and then get blinking garbage on the screen. Other games do work (shadow warrior, dota2, tomb raider, ...).
              I use the opensuse repositories for kernel 4.8 and MESA 13.0.2 (unfortunately not llvm 3.9 - I think).
              I have a RX 470 and it happens to me too. Also, the current Vulkan driver in Padoka PPA crashes the game.

Comment

Working...
              X