Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward To The Linux 4.10 Kernel

Phoronix: Looking Forward To The Linux 4.10 Kernel

The Linux 4.9 kernel will be officially released in about three weeks but there is already new features/functionality to get excited about for Linux 4.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All in all, not much for an average user, excluding those few that happen to be waiting for that exact driver update(s).

Comment

Any news regarding the NVMe power management?

Comment

No news about AMD DAL / audio over HDMI for AMDGPU? :'(

Comment

But no, there isn't CIK/SI support by default nor DAL.
          Any idea what kernel will have support? Initially it was bumped to 4.9, then 4.10, now ?

Comment

make wifi fast seems the most interesting for me

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post

Any idea what kernel will have support? Initially it was bumped to 4.9, then 4.10, now ?
              When it's ready? *shrug*

I'll look forward to the 4.10 kernel, and 4.9 will be a fun one to play with on my home systems... but for now, I need to figure out why starting with some kernel after 4.8.0, I can't actually boot my work laptop (4.8.0 works, 4.8.4 doesn't, none of the 4.9rc kernels work either).

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

When it's ready? *shrug*

I'll look forward to the 4.10 kernel, and 4.9 will be a fun one to play with on my home systems... but for now, I need to figure out why starting with some kernel after 4.8.0, I can't actually boot my work laptop (4.8.0 works, 4.8.4 doesn't, none of the 4.9rc kernels work either).
                Did you try building without CONFIG_MODVERSION yet?

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=219401 (yes arch topic, but affects distros other than arch)

[edit: I just properly re-read your comment and realized that you had issues with 4.8.x, so this probably doesn't apply.]

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post
                  Any idea what kernel will have support?
                  it does already https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...taging-kernel/

Comment

So why aren't these patches merged with the upstream? Is the quality of code not good enough yet? Essentially that does mean Freesync is already working under Linux?

Comment

Working...
                    X